Tutors are hired by the parents to support their child’s education at home. They are not employees of VIA. Neither the tutor nor VIA can guarantee your child’s success as we are not an individualized tutoring service or a school. Tutors sign the Statement of Faith, and Oath of Fidelity. Tutors will communicate homework necessary for students and will give a general evaluation at the end of the semester for each student.
Parents are the primary educators of their children, thus they are responsible for supervision of coursework, and assigning grades and credits earned. The parent and student are responsible for working with the tutor on any missed work or tests. Parents are to see that students arrive and are picked up on time.
Students are to arrive to class on time and to complete the coursework at home. They are required to maintain the Code of Conduct and adhere to behavior and dress codes. Students may be dismissed for not following these codes at any time.
A parent’s e-mail is required for communication. These e-mails will be used by VIA administration and will be given to the tutors of the classes your child is participating in, so that they can communicate with you directly. The student’s email address may also be submitted as an additional address, but the parent’s email must be given in order to register.
The e-mail address for VIA is firstname.lastname@example.org
Class Registration Confirmation:
You will receive email confirmation of admittance for each course once it has reached the minimum number of students required to hold the class. If the minimum number is not met and class is canceled a full refund will be given.
Text books and other required supplies as indicated in the course description are the responsibility of the student.
Class Cancellation by student:
$80.00 refund if canceled before the first class of the semester is held.
$45.00 refund if canceled after the first class and before the second of the semester is held.
No Refund will be given if canceled after the completion of the second class.
Class Cancellation by tutor
If a tutor is unable to continue tutoring for any reason, classes are not guaranteed to continue. VIA will do their best to find a qualified replacement in a timely manner. However, we will not compromise on our standards - Catholic and passionate - just to keep a class going. If one cannot be found the tutor will refund on a prorated basis based on number of classes missed.
Arrivals and Departures:
Everyone must enter / depart through the main Parish Hall door at all times. No other doors are to be used except for emergency purposes.
- All students must report to the lunchroom in the morning (not before 8:30a.m.) and will be dismissed to their first period classes from there. If they arrive throughout the day for other class periods, they should report to the lunchroom until that period is announced. No loitering in the halls or the bathrooms.
- Students are expected to arrive to class on time and be picked up on time. NO students are allowed in the building without a parent until 8:30a.m. and must be off the premises by ten minutes after their last class, unless permission is granted by VIA administration or onsite monitor . A $10 fee will be charged to the parent for every ten minutes the student is there past 10 minutes after the last class of the day.
- Elementary students, which are those 6th grade and below, must be picked up within 10 minutes after their class ends. A $10 fee will be charged to the parent for every ten minutes the student is there after this. For the student to stay on the premises beyond this time, they must be with their parent in the quiet, family study room.
NOTE: Students will be arriving and departing for different classes during the day, so there is not a system to maintain constant knowledge of each student’s whereabouts. VIA will not keep track of whether or not your child is permitted by you to leave the premises and/or ride with another student. VIA is not responsible for students outside of the building unless with a supervising tutor for a tutor-led event.
Parking for VIA is in the parking lots and side streets only. Please do not park in small area in front of parish hall, church and adoration chapel. This area is to be used for church or parish office visitors and adorers.
Only students, tutors, and onsite monitors are to be beyond the hallway gate during VIA class hours unless permission is granted by tutor or onsite monitor.
- If Ss. Peter and Paul needs the VIA class space and group areas for certain events, such as funerals, VIA will accommodate those needs.
- No food in the classrooms unless approved by a tutor or VIA personnel.
PLEASE NOTE: Ss. Peter and Paul have their offices in the same building; students are to be respectful of this and keep the noise down, minimizing conversations in the hallways.
Study Hall Policies:
The study hall (or lunchroom if with a parent or directed by on-site monitor) is the only place in the building 7-12th grade students may be if they are not in a class at that time unless permission is given by tutor or on-site monitor. Students must sign up for study hall on the course registration form if they are to make use of the study hall when not in a class.
- All policies, including discipline and electronics policies, apply to study hall.
- Students must work individually on homework or read quietly, and are not allowed to sit in groups for the first 60 minutes. The last 15 minutes is social time This 60/15 time is on a trial basis. At any time, the monitor can call for quiet study time for the full study hall period.
Lunch / Social Time:
All 7th – 12th grade students will meet in the lunchroom for ½ hour for lunch and social time. This is the only place students may be during that time, unless an adult is with them or permission is given by onsite monitor or tutor. VIA is not responsible for students outside of the building or those who leave the premises for lunch.
- Lunches must be brought from home. Please bring what you need from home (utensils, napkins, etc.) Ss. Peter and Paul supplies are not for our use.
- All students must clean up after themselves, throwing away garbage, cleaning up after a spill, helping to wipe off table, etc.
- Any children younger than 7th grade may only be at lunch if accompanied by their parent.
Parents and Siblings Study Area:
There will be a study room open for siblings and their SUPERVISING adult during VIA class hours for QUIET FAMILY STUDY. Students and siblings are not to linger in the hallways or be in other rooms in the building without permission from tutor or onsite monitor. PARENTS, please respect that families are using this room to study. Parents are solely responsible for their children in this area and anywhere on the premises while not attending a class or registered for Study Hall. NOTE: This family study area will be done on a trial basis and may be canceled at any time without prior notice. For the ½ hour lunch period, the lunchroom is used for lunch / social time for all VIA families
Code of Conduct
-Tutors or VIA monitors may dismiss a student at any time for disruptive behavior.
-Students are to comply with classroom behavioral expectations set by each individual tutor, which may vary from class to class.
-Students must be respectful of others, including helping when tutors and monitors ask.
-Inappropriate language, public displays of affection, rough housing, and disrespect are not allowed. Anything communicated verbally or nonverbally that is deemed inappropriate will be disciplined.
-Modesty in dress is to be used when attending VIA classes - VIA monitors will deem what is appropriate.
-Students must respect property. Repair costs for damaged items/property will be handled on an individual basis.
- Students are not to loiter in the hallways or bathrooms
-Tobacco, drugs, alcohol, weapons, and fireworks are not allowed on the premises.
-Pornography in any form is not allowed on the premises.
- Electronics: No electronic devices including, but not limited to, cell phones, computers, iPods, iPads, IPhones, MP3 players, cameras are to be used by the students in the building, including during lunch. All electronics must stay in backpacks, turned off at all times, unless permission is granted by onsite monitor. A phone will be available for students to call parents for emergency use. On-site Emergency contact number for parents will be provided.
Tutors, monitors and VIA administration have the right to discipline a person for infractions of the above, distracting attire/appearance and in any situation or possession of an item that has not been previously mentioned. The discipline procedure used will be determined on a case-by-case basis and depend on the perceived severity of the offense as deemed by the tutor, monitor or VIA administration. Participation of any person - tutor, student, parent or volunteer - in any VIA class or activity can be terminated by the onsite monitor or VIA administration at any time for any reason at will. If expelled, there will be no refund.
If a student misses or will miss a class, they are responsible for getting information or assignments from the tutor. The tutor will not re-teach the lesson to the student.
VIA Class Cancellation/ Bad Weather policy:
Notification of canceled classes for any reason, including weather, will be sent via e-mail by 7:00A.M. in the morning. Note: Students will be coming from many different locations, so weather will vary from place to place. Please use your own discretion based on your location. If one day of classes in the semester is canceled due to weather, there will be no make-up day. If two days of classes in the semester are canceled due to weather, VIA will make every reasonable effort to set up a make-up day.
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
With firm faith, I also believe everything contained in the Word of God, whether written or handed down in Tradition, which the Church, either by a solemn judgment or by the ordinary and universal Magisterium, sets forth to be believed as divinely revealed.
I also firmly accept and hold each and everything definitively proposed by the Church regarding teaching on faith and morals.
Moreover, I adhere with religious submission of will and intellect to the teachings which either the Roman pontiff or the College of Bishops enunciate when they exercise their authentic Magisterium, even if they do not intend to proclaim these teachings by a definitive act.
Veritas In Academia
(Truth in Education)